Menu
grantburgh
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Wifi booster - is it working?

Hi there

So I’ve set the wifi booster up as per the supplied instructions, the lights have gone through their usual sequence and now I am left with just the power light on. How do I know if the wifi booster is actually getting a signal and doing anything? I had a 350mbps package and standing right next to the booster I am getting 30mbps download from an IOS device... are the other lights supposed to be on to tell you the device is working? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi booster - is it working?

@grantburgh wrote:

Hi there

So I’ve set the wifi booster up as per the supplied instructions, the lights have gone through their usual sequence and now I am left with just the power light on. How do I know if the wifi booster is actually getting a signal and doing anything? I had a 350mbps package and standing right next to the booster I am getting 30mbps download from an IOS device... are the other lights supposed to be on to tell you the device is working? 

30Mbps sounds about right. The boosters are pretty poor. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos