Menu
creationdub
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wifi booster - copying hub settings fail

Hi all

I have a hub 3.0 and due to poor areas of coverage have installed a pair of virgin wifi boosters.

They work, I connect them up - all good EXCEPT I now have 2 networks a 'VM' one and a 'VMP' one... so I try to copy the hub settings to have one simple glorious network. I have tried to do this both via the 'WPS' button on the side of the booster, and also through the virgin media connect app - neither work for me. The connect app just tells me somethings not right, whilst doing via the 'WPS' button just leaves me with a flashing power light on the booster and I still have 2 networks.

The worst-case scenario is that I have 2 networks and have to keep manually switching between the 2 as I move about the house - not the worst thing in the world, but I would really like to have just one network.

Can somebody please help me?

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Wifi booster - copying hub settings fail

Take a photo of the details on the back of the booster and try setting up manually

creationdub
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks JB, but honestly I wouldn't know where to start - how do you set it up manually?

Sorry mate, I'm an idiot.
0 Kudos
creationdub
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Actually I just did it.

I used my brain (and google), and I've done it.

Thanks for the suggestion, it seems to have worked!
hitone
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ive got the same problem-my boosters worked perfectly with my old Hub3 but having changed hub because of a fault the boosters now simply refuse to copy SSID settings etc over to match the Hub ones.Ive reset them,set them up with connect app,set them up manually, set them using WPS and Hub buttons but they refuse to copy settings over even though wken logged in to them it says 100% success! Also the connect app doesnt recognise them-it just shows the Hub and TV box.

Anyone got any ideas??

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi hitone.

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Have you been able to sort the boosters out since posting?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos