Menu
stick1234
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wifi and Internet keeps dropping out

First post -

My Wifi and internet keeps dropping out for no apparent reason, on Oomph deal that appears to have made matters worse-- any ideas - Thanks

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi and Internet keeps dropping out

Just to check... is it just wifi thats dropping or is the network connection also dropping? Can check that on an ethernet cable connected device or looking at a BQM which will continually monitor the state of your connection and record any dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of all your network disconnections, useful data to have in discussions with VM.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
stick1234
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, it’s mainly the WiFi, but the internet connection goes down too. It’s a nightmare.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If the cable connections are dropping out too then after setting up the BQM - post up the latest data.

Then, Check all your coax connections are in nice and "finger" tight at the Hub and wall box and at any splitters/attenuators/etc and that the internal wiring is ok with no kinking or chaffing. Also check that all looks good with the outside cabling and wall box.

If that’s all good.... Post up your Hub/network connection details and someone will check to see if there is a problem there. In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. On the first page up [there should be no need to login if you have done so before] click on the “router status” icon at top right (SH2’s) or the text at bottom-middle of first page up (Hub3) and then copy/paste 3 FULL sets of data onto here – from the downstream, upstream, & network logs pages. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
sjfurby
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My service has been a nightmare hub, splitter & new coax from hub to point, but as bad as ever. No service again today, except for 10 minutes. We run off an iPad hotspot on EE that is faster than our 150 and never drops. I suspect I have a network issue that will never be resolved. So in all honesty can someone please recommend another supplier with a reliable service.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi sjfurby,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry you are having issues with your internet service.

How have things been since your last post, are you still experiencing the same issues.

Please can you expand on the issues you are having?

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos