cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi and Cable connection KEEP DROPPING!

Cptsnailz
Joining in

My wifi keeps dropping straight after I connect to it, This happens constantly throughout the day and started this morning. When using cable connection I get very slow speeds also with regular drops. I have checked the logs and I am getting the following critical errors:
No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-
Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out;CM-
TFTP file complete - but missing mandatory TLV;CM-

I have screen capped my downstream and upstream info 

Cptsnailz_0-1672418532412.pngCptsnailz_1-1672418545428.pngCptsnailz_2-1672418557097.png

This is currently unusable and I am having to use my phone data to even create this post. wth is going on !?

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to clarify, are Ethernet cabled connections similarly affected? If so, can you post a link to a live BQM also?

Can you copy & paste the data from the modem stats please, much easier to read than screenshots.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your downstream signal level is too low and your upstream level is too high. Unless there is an area fault you will need a technician’s visit to rectify. 

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page status, but this is not recommended as it only covers issues that affect a very large number of customers.

VM will not dispatch any technicians while an area fault exists.

If no area faults found:

The primary place to report faults is Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2