Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wifi Problems

I have a hub 3 which is connected via Ethernet to my desktop computer. This works fine. The problem is with the Wifi. Wifi is picked up by my iPhone & iPad ok for a while then suddenly no connection. If I turn the Wifi off and on again on the devices the Wifi comes back again but only for a while.

I ran the diagnostics for my devices on the Virgin media site and it came back with problems against "checking Wifi connections". On my iPhone when logged into Wifi a message underneath the wep code is " weak connection" additional message reads " WPA/WPA2 (TKIP ) is not considered secure. If this is your Wifi network, configure router to use WPA2 ( AES ) or WPA3 security type." These options don't seem to be available on my router. 

I tried to ring Virgin support on 0345 454 1111 a couple of times. After waiting for up to 45 minutes each time support answered but then could not hear me ! Im really looking for an engineer to pay a visit but cannot get through on their number to talk or book anything. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi Problems

Hi

Try, if you can.......

Lizaed Systems Wi-Fi Scanner..png

To get an idea of what you are dealing with.

All is Calm
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/iOS-14-Weak-Security/td-p/4410050

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies but its not the "weak security " message that worries me. Its the intermittent Wifi from my router.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Get your own router or mesh system to solve the hubs poor wifi output.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos