Menu
Sully200
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Wifi Problem

Hi there

I recently encountered a problem with the Wi Fi on virgin media and i dont know how to solve it. I am currently subsribed to the 100mbps internet package and have been so for a number of years. This issue has never surfaced before. 

The issue is that when i try to connect to online services on any game, it will not let me and it will disconnect immediatly. This is a Ps4 btw and this happens with all multiplayer titles. Futhermore, international whatsapp calls also seems to cut in and out during the call which has never happened before. This issue only started happening a few days ago.

I fist considered this problem due to the ps4 system itself but when i try to play woth mobile data, everything runs fine. Same goes for the whatsapp calls. Moreover, running the ps4 or whatsapp call through ethernet cable seems to work fine also. This eliminates the probelm being due to the systems. 

I contaced Virgin Media and they sent me a new router but this does not fix the problem. 

A few things to mention are that woth the ps4, i can download things from the playstation store just fine and i can sign in to psn and l can see which of my friends are inline and can message them too. I cannot join party chats or game servers. With the internationa whatsapp calls, the cutting in and out happens on all wirelessly connected devices.

Has anyone encountered this problem before or does anyone have any idea of how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi Problem

One thing to check - if you go into your account settings on VM website and click on my Apps - there are F-secure and Websafe (and others) which have buttons to tick to block some processes (e.g. Chatting) - have a look in those apps and see if you have some of them enabled - sorry cant be more specific I dont have the Hub3

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos