cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Pods

Dave124
Tuning in

Hi I have had VM 1 gb service installed and I have numerous blackspots in the house. I believe I am entitled to up to 3 wifi pods. How do I order them?

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Dave124,

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get your first WIFI Pod looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration 😥 I would be more than happy to look into this for you!

As you're on the 1Gig speeds you are entitled to three free Pods if you need them, you can only order one at a time. Once you've installed your 1st/2nd one you have to wait a week before you can order your next - This is to give your new devices time to settle into the home and avoid sending out unneeded Pods 😊

Usually the first step towards ordering them would be to download the Connect App and doing a broadband scan in all the rooms in your home. This will detect any WIFI Black spots and will give you a prompt to order your first pod through the app.

Please give this a go and let me know if you're able to order this 🤗

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Megan - I have already downloaded the app & ran the scan. There are at least 3 areas of the house that have dead spots and results are below (download speeds):

Conservatory: 14Mbps

Kitchen: 0Mbps

Bedroom: 28MBps

Bedroom 2: 6Mbps

Bedroom 3: 15Mbps

Bedroom 4: no signal

However, there is NO option to order the pods. Ac cording to my agreement, if I do not get at least 30Mbps in a room, I am entitled to a pod. How to I order them? The walls are all brick (older house).

Thanks.

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Dave124,

Thanks for getting back to us and sorry that you have not been able to order a Pod, I would like to go about getting this raised for you, for me to do so I will need to confirm some information from you in a private message.

Joe

Thanks Joseph. Just responded to your pm.

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Dave124,

Thanks for joining me in that private message so that we could go about looking into this for you, if you do require anything further do please let us know.

Joe 

Dave124
Tuning in

Hey Joe. Still got issues in the kitchen. getting less than 8mbs speed and disconnects frequently. Can I get another pod please asap? Thanks.

Hi Dave124, 

Thanks for coming back to us in the Community and updating us on how things are since having your WiFi Pod. We're sorry to hear that with the pod, the connection still isn't wide enough to cover everywhere. A second/third pod can only be ordered after diagnostics have been completed and we determine that a Pod is the correct fix for the connection issue. 

I've run most of the checks at this end but to complete them, I need you to complete some checks at your end now. 

I can see further up in the thread, you've mentioned you've already downloaded the Virgin Media Connect App. Please open this. 

Once the App is open select the Broadband option from the bottom menu. This will display the My Devices page. Tap the WiFi symbol in the center of the screen to change to the My Network screen. This screen will show you how many devices are connected to the Hub/each Pod. Tap on a Pod for more information and then tap Connection from this list. 

If fair is showing, this indicates that the Pod may not be in the optimum place for performance. It is advised that you choose another location in the home, allow 2-3 minutes for the Pod to reconnect (wait for the light on the Pod to stop flashing) and then re-open the app and try again. 

The app can be refreshed from the My Network or My Devices page by dragging downwards from the center of the screen. Tap Let's improve it to progress to the Refresh WiFi screen. (Note: Refreshing the WiFi can take up to 15 minutes.) Placement Tips can be used to help you decide where to try placing the Pod within your home. 

Once all this has been done, it should advise whether a 2nd pod will help. If so, please screenshot this and post here and we'll be able to order the next pod for you. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hey Kath. I can't even get to that page. Every time I open the app I get a message to "Optimise your Wifi". I go through the procedure and it says "nice work" I click on finish and then after a couple of seconds, the "Optimise your Wifi" message pops up again and can't get past it. I can't get this screenshot because of this!

I'm becoming VERY frustrated with this! 

Dave124
Tuning in

I STILL have no wifi signal in the kitchen. Am I not entitled to £100 back as not getting guaranteed speeds and you won't let me order another wifi pod! Ive also been holding on chat for over an hour with no one responding!