Menu
jj0306
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Wifi Pods dont work with replacement hub

Hi i have just had a replacement hub 3. I have 2 wifi Pods. Since setting up the POD's they just flash all the time. My wifi speeds vary from 10 meg to 500 meg. Do my pods or hub require some action at Virgin to make them talk to each other?

0 Kudos
stabilo00
Superfast
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Wifi Pods dont work with replacement hub

The hub needs to be set up by Virgin for the pods. ( provisioning)  You will need to ring it it or wait here to see if help arrives. Good luck.

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi jj0306,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you're Wi-Fi pods are not connecting to your new hub. 

We have included a link here with trouble shooting tips for getting your pods connected once again.

Please take a look and if you require further information please come back to us.

Kind regards Jodi.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

That won't work ^

The backend systems team need to link them to the new hub

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Jodi_S 

As a triallist for this Pods and an a current user I need you to revisit your answer please. The troubleshooting guide will be of absolutely no help whatsoever. The new Hub needs to be re-provisioned by VM for the Pods. The Hub that was replaced will have been properly provisioned but, the new one won't have been; because for some unknown reason when Hubs are replaced nobody notices that the user has wifi pods that need additional action on the account before the Hub is sent out.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jj0306
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ok so now my wifi pods appear to be working. My journey was appalling.

I went online sorry cant help ring 150

i rang 150 system said factory reset your hub and give us your mobile number

i received a text if you need any help reply

i replied told call faults

i said but when i called you sent this text so you must be able to help.

No.

Called faults again this time ignored all messages until someone who spoke little English answered. He told me his system was down call later.

Called again this time i was told my issue will be passed to tier 2 and they will call within 24 hrs.

48 hrs no call. Lights on pods stopped flashing, so they either wore out or its working who knows.

When speaking to people they clearly don't know difference between a wifi extender and a wifi pod as they keep asking me to press Reset, WPS and various other ideas and anyone who has a pod will no there are no buttons or user options on the pod.

I think we need a new trial and teach your staff how to deal with PODs

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi jj0306,

Thanks for the update. Apologies that it has taken so long for your new pods to connect to your new router, we appreciate the frustration this issue has caused you.

We sent you the trouble shooting guide as checking with our 2nd line fault team we have been advised that your new router should have automatically paired with your existing pods with no issues. Unfortunately sometimes this does not always work and they will have to provision them manually from here. 

We wanted to assure you that we take your feedback seriously and will take this back with regards to training issues with WiFi extenders and Wifi intelligent pods.

If you have any further queries please come back to us through this channel.

Kind regards Jodi.

0 Kudos
jj0306
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

well i have had poor service for several weeks and tv that constantly stops working telling me the wifi is not up to it. whilst it seems ok now, i did raise the issue of a refund for services not received and i was assured a complaint was raised and that when i get the call in 24 hrs from 2nd level support they will sort this out. Seem like i am just being fobbed off. As for the instructions link you provided above they are absolutely useless any idiot can plug something in.
0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry you feel that you did not get the support needed to get this issue fixed jj0306.

With regards to your complaint were you given a complaints reference number? If so I can check on this issue for you. We're you unable to watch any TV services at all? Did you have total loss of TV services?

I will certainly be happy to pop you over a private message to discuss these issues further with you and I will check the account to see what has been reported.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

0 Kudos