Menu
GigaSpeed
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Wifi Pod makes Internet slower.

Hi All, 

Got a Superhub 4 on the Gig1 package, older phones that the kids use seem to have connection drops once you get upstairs and my sons Cloud Gaming PC sometimes has random ping spikes. So, with the explanation of the Intelligent WiFi Pod I thought it would be a solution to the connection dropouts and hopefully the random ping spikes. 

Anyway, I've had the pod for a few days. I've had it in a few locations but I've left it for the most part in the bedroom above the living room which is where the Superhub 4 is located. 

With the Pod plugged in the speeds are anywhere from 70Mb/s to maybe 130Mb/s. If I unplug the pod I get 422Mb/s or so.

I used the speedtest app to keep a log and you can clearly see a batch of slow connections and then a massive increase once the pod was unplugged. 

It's been a few days but the only thing that's certain at this moment in time is that the pod is massively reducing speeds. 

Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi Pod makes Internet slower.

Clearly another poor attempt from VM at putting out hardware not fit for purpose.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
RedGooner
Super solver
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi Pod makes Internet slower.

Send the pods back.

Put your SH4 into modem mode, and buy your own router.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
0 Kudos