cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Pod Help

ColemanA87
Joining in

Hi there

I've recently received my WiFi Pod. Connected fine however as soon as my devices flip from being connected to the hub to the pod, they stop working. 

For example, Xbox or Laptop works fine when I start using them, then the Pod takes over the connection and they stop working. Tried removing and rebooting the pod but the issue remains. Having to just switch it off now. Any ideas on how I can fix this? 

7 REPLIES 7

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ColemanA87,

Thanks for your post and a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with one of our Wi-Fi Pods. Can you please confirm that your Hub:
- Is in 'Router Mode' and not been changed to 'Modem Mode'.

- Has Channel Optimisation turned on .

- Has the same SSIDs for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz with broadcast enabled on both.

- Has a password-protected SSID.

- Has the same passphrases for both SSIDs.

Can you also confirm which Hub you have? How do you know that the devices are switching over to a Pod, rather than staying on the Hub connection?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece

I'm not sure how to get the answers to those questions you've asked, other than my Router is a Hub 4 and I know the devices are switching over as when I go onto the Virgin Connect app, you can see what devices are linked to what. 

many thanks

Anthony

You can do this by login into the hub settings which are at the bottom of the router. 

However lets try these steps to see if this will resolve it; 

Unplug any Ethernet cables attached to the router and wait at least 30 seconds, then plug them back in. Plug the router's power cable back into the outlet. Plug the modem back in and wait until the modem has finished powering on. Wait at least 2 minutes for your Pods' LEDs to stop blinking. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

H there I've tried this and there's still an issue.

It's as though my devices are fine when connected to the hub, but then when they switch to the pod, they become sluggish and stop working. For now I'm basically not using the pod but surely this isn't normal? 

many thanks 

Sorry to hear this is still ongoing for you @ColemanA87

What LED's are showing on the pod please?

Do you have your pod plugged into a mains socket away from all other devices and out in the open? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley

I've switched it back on and it had a green, Amber then blue LED. Now there's no LED showing. 

Everything is fine and then my Xbox and TV will "switch" to being routed through the Pod and that's when things go wrong and connection suffers 

many thanks

Prime example - a few minutes after turning my Pod on, my TV has switched over to being Routed through the Pod and it's now crashed. Very annoying! 

7D24A774-5969-4EB0-8B0C-91135D06097E.jpeg