cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Pod Extenders

TanyaThurlow
On our wavelength

Hello I have been having trouble ordering a Wifi Pod for my 1gb broadband package. I have zero signal in the back of bedroom in a very small flat and speeds as low as 20mbs in there if it works at all. I cannot seem to get it to order the pods on the App. Is there anyone that can order me one on here? Thanks a lot! Tanya.

10 REPLIES 10

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Tanya 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome back to the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble with your signal, and when attempting to order a Pod through the Connect App. Can you please expand further on what happens when attempting to order a Pod?

What are you able to see when running the checks on the app? Are you able to provide any screenshots?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hello yes hopefully you can see photos. Its either no wifi at all or 6mbs in my bedroom which is one room away from the router. Router room is fine and pulling good speeds. Everywhere else in the house is bad I have to use phone data to get internet.

No option.appeara to order a pod that I can find. Nothing pops up or even suggests its a thing. Just gives me the speed as "fair". I would not describe 0 to 6mbs on a 1gb package to be fair personally lol.

Screenshot_20230815_211727_VM Connect.jpg

@TanyaThurlow wrote:

Hello yes hopefully you can see photos. Its either no wifi at all or 6mbs in my bedroom which is one room away from the router. Router room is fine and pulling good speeds. Everywhere else in the house is bad I have to use phone data to get internet.

No option.appeara to order a pod that I can find. Nothing pops up or even suggests its a thing. Just gives me the speed as "fair". I would not describe 0 to 6mbs on a 1gb package to be fair personally lol.

Screenshot_20230815_211727_VM Connect.jpg

Screenshot_20230816_141455_VM Connect.jpg

Thanks for coming back to the thread @TanyaThurlow 

What happens if you click 'learn more'? On the screenshot last attached. It should then try and optimise the connection and then offer WiFi Max if can't.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Ok will try thankyou! Will let you know when I do.

Screenshot_20230816_171325_VM Connect.jpg

Ok it just says this. I have logged into my virgin media and there is nothing on there about ordering a pod. Just to go back to the connect app so its just an endless cycle back and forth :(.

Ah nightmare.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi, Im having the exact same issue and cant order a Wifi Pod. Im getting speeds of 8Mbps in certain spots in the house.

Hi Table1,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you've had some trouble arranging a WiFi pod. So I can take a closer look and go through some checks with you, I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_rm