cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Pod Buzzing and Hot

F1nut4
On our wavelength

One of my WiFi pods makes a loud noise like a fan running inside it and is very warm to touch!

The other one has never made this noise, any one else had this problem? I have uplugged the "faulty" wifi pod in case of fire risk!

9 REPLIES 9

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi F1nut4 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome back to the Community Forums.

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your Pod. You've done the best thing for now, which is to unplug it. I'm going to send you a private message, so we can look into getting this resolved for you.

Please look out for my message in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping your profile picture and then "Messages".

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

I have the exact same issue - got my pod yesterday and it woke me up at 5am buzzing and whirrring like crazy and really hot to touch. 
Ive unplugged it but can’t get in touch with customer services? 

Hi Trudy13, 

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your WIFI Pod looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some concern 😥 I would be more than happy to look into this for you within a PM which I'll send over now 😊

Speak soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Cardiffman282
Problem sorter

I would suggest that both very serious incidents are reported to Trading Standards https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/get-more-help/report-to-trading-standards/

Retain the devices in case TS need to inspect them. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Thank you for reaching out I can see my colleague is in PM about this already to get this resolved. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

F1nut4
On our wavelength

No that is NOT correct! I am still waiting for a PM!!

F1nut4
On our wavelength

I  AM STILL AWAITING YOUR PM 2 WEEKS LATER! WILL I GET A PM ANYTIME SOON????????....

vmrunreliable
Superfast

No

Hi there @F1nut4 

Thank you for popping back and I'll be more than happy to look into this with you, I'll pop another PM across now. 

Please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.