Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Wifi No internet access, secured hub 3

I have a virgin media hub 3, it connects to every device via wi-fi except one windows 10 laptop. It connects to 3 other windows 10 laptops. I have reinstalled windows 10 on laptop, yet still won't connect via wi-fi, no internet access, secured. Laptop connects fine via ethernet. I have no idea how to get this to work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi No internet access, secured hub 3

Is WiFi switched on on that laptop?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Yes wifi is on the laptop, did a full format and reinstall at friends house, connecting to his wifi with no issues.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You are trying to connect to the correct SSID aren't you?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I used to have a tplink wifi plug range extender, that I think was setup through the PC I'm having trouble with. Now I'm no tech whiz, just get by, by I've unplugged it, noted it's not connected to the router, as it picked it up when it was on. I've reset pc (full formatted restart?, reset router, but for whatever reason I always get connected, no internet access. The only thing I haven't done is reset hub 3.0 to factory settings, which I'm loathed to do as I have a trillion smart devices, mobiles etc, etc all working fine.

I'm at a total loss what to do?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What do you get with a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub and a and a 1 Gb capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other items connected?

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos