Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wifi ?? More like Nofi

For months now my wifi has been dropping out. Costing me in excess charges for both my son & wife due to them using data rather than the house broadband due to it not been there.

When running tests Virgin app tells me I have excellent wifi connectivity. But guess what, no internet access. And when I do get access speeds go from 200mbs to zero within the same minute. 

Contact Virgin via phone to be told to "Buy one of our Boosters"

Guess what Virgin, you cant boost what you ain't got. Especially when you are stood next to your Hub.

I was told Virgin would monitor my Hub for 24hrs, & text me with the results.

Guess what Virgin, I'm still waiting for that text.

Yes, I've rebooted the Hub via the plug

Yes Ive rebooted the Hub via the app

Yes I've reset to factory several times. Improves for about 30mins, then back to not knowing if I've got internet at all.

Is there anyone from Virgin willing to actually stand up, and fix this problem for me. Or should I take the guy on the service desks advice & threaten to leave, then I might get a reduction in my bill, & maybe an engineer to actually look at the problem. 

Not holding my breath, as I dont look good as a smurf.....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi ?? More like Nofi

Hi Disgrunt,

Thanks for posting and apologies for the WiFi issues. I've had a check here and can see some WiFi issues. To resolve these, I would recommend downloading the Virgin Media Connect app on your phone and then when downloaded, you'll be able to do a wireless scan in the property. This scan will not only check for coverage blackspots but will also optimise the connection wherever possible. If boosters are needed, it'll prompt you to order these via the app.

You can find out more here

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hiya John, 

Already done that, when I have a wifi signal the results are good.

The problem is I have no wifi at all, even when stood right next to the Hub.

I have turned off the Smart connection option which for a short while I thought had resolved the issue, but I am still getting "blackouts" of the wifi.

I'm getting anything between 215Mbps - 0Mbps Download

20Mbps - 0Mbps

within a 5min period

Connection to Hub seems fine

Internet connection intermittent

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to us @Disgrunt 

Iv had a quick look through things on our end and can see that there are some issues that we are able to deal with from here. However I am going to need to take some further details. I am going to drop you a PM so that I can some further account details. 

Kind regards 

Zak_M 

0 Kudos