Menu
Kubes
Tuning in
Message 1 of 69
Flag for a moderator

Wifi Keeps Disconnecting

Hello, I've had this problem for two days now.

The problem is that my WiFi keeps disconnecting. I'm in the middle of doing something or gaming and my WiFi just disconnects and reconnects within 20-30 seconds. It normally happens every hour. I've tried everything to see if it was my PC but now I'm certain it is the WiFi as it happens to my phone too, it is super frustrating as I'm in the middle of a round and it just disconnects. The funny thing is, it doesn't say it disconnected. 

This is my feedback...

Gateway IPV4 address is valid.
2Your broadband connection is working.
3The temperature of your Hub 3.0 is normal.
4The device (Don't know if I should show) has low signal strength, please move it closer to Hub 3.0.
5The device (Don't know if I should show) has low signal strength, please move it closer to Hub 3.0.
6The device (Don't know if I should show) has low signal strength, please move it closer to Hub 3.0.
7The device (Don't know if I should show) has low signal strength, please move it closer to Hub 3.0.
8Please place your WiFi device near the Hub 3.0.
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 69
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi Keeps Disconnecting

Do you have a good connection with an ethernet cable connected device ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
Kubes
Tuning in
Message 3 of 69
Flag for a moderator

No, The router is in my living room and my PC is in my room. I can't move the router to my room as I don't have any of them plugs in the wall.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 69
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You may be as well refining your Wi-Fi management, it might not fix your problem but will certainly help keeping track of your Wi-Fi frequencies.

Instructions for Hub 3

Advanced Settings > Wireless Signal > click ‘Disable Channel Optimization’ > Click ‘Apply Changes’.

Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security > Add 2 to the 2.4GHz Channel name > Add 5 to the 5 GHz Channel name > Click ‘Apply Changes’

You can leave the passwords the same as they are. 

Log out of the Hub.

You will need to reconnect all you Wi-Fi devices some will want to connect to 5Ghz and some to 2.4GHz and some will connect to either.

2.4GHz is a stronger signal but slower than 5GHz so if you have problems on 5GHz change to 2.4GHz.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Kubes
Tuning in
Message 5 of 69
Flag for a moderator

I've done that, what do I do now?

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 69
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

See how it goes for a few hours.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 69
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kubes, 

We haven't heard from you since @MikeRobbo gave you some helpful advice has this worked? 

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
dani
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 69
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I am having the exact same issue and have done for a few weeks now

I have done the disable optimisation thing and it is still happening

my partner is connected via Ethernet cable and seems to be unaffected accept once last night when the internet dropped for a little longer

I actually thought it was my laptop but I have just bought a brand new laptop which was delivered a few days ago and it is happening to this one also. And all the devices in the house drop out for a few seconds so phones, tablets, etc.  Its happening day and night.

Ive reset the hub, rebooted, changed the channels and disabled the optimisation thing.

Its just added salt to the wound as my discounts have just come off my account and so my payments have jumped up by £18 a month so might be time to go with another provider.   There is no online chat feature atm so I guess I just call cancellations? 

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 69
Flag for a moderator

Hi dani,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Disappointing to hear you're still having issues with the WiFi disconnecting from your new hub.

Upon remotely checking from our end we are unable to pick up your equipment. Can we ask that you make sure all the cables are secure and reboot the equipment once again for us.

Once you have done this please let us know so we can run remote test from our end again for you.

Kind regards Jodi.

0 Kudos
dani
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 69
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jodi

I have just rebooted my hub and am now back online for you to run tests I also checked all cables.

It is not a new hub I never said it was. I was just replying to a post that was having the same issues as I am. 

I've had the hub for a few years now 

I only said we are having constant internet drop outs to the point it is at least once every hour or so daily.

Paying nearly £50 a month for internet only to not have a consistent connection is not at all acceptable.