cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi I constantly dropping out or cutting off

Jade48
Joining in

For the last 4 months, WiFi has been dropping out or cutting off completely. This is everyday. It's constantly happening and Virgin have not resolved the issue.

It's happening really bad for the last 2 days and I cannot get any meetings done. Gaming is a no go as it just cuts off. Please help if there is anything that can be done. This is driving me insane.

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See this...

First thing is to check for any “known network faults in your location - Look in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage (https://www.virginmedia.com/help/service-status)

2) Then also Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

Then...is it only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jade48,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your WiFi connection.

Have you been able to try the suggestions from jbrennand?

^Martin