cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Drop Out Daily

ads_bailey
Joining in

My Hub 3 needs to be reset daily as at some random time each day it will lose the ability to broadcast wifi.

2.4G and 5G are already split and running as separate networks,

Fault checking via the website shows no errors

Connectivity to the hub appears to be fair to good. some devices show as weak but never have problems functioning and they are mainly just bulbs or sockets.

The big issue is the wifi dropping completely as with most other complaints we work from home.  Thanks so much for your help.

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Ring it in as faulty or a VM person will respond on here in a day or two.

Are ethernet cable connected devices all stable ? If so use that permanently for better connectivity. Or the best solution for wifi is to take control of your own wifi network and put the Hub into modem mode and buy your own wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever

You would need to get either a… (1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point (4) Powerline adapters (+/- inbuilt Wifi,) (5) A combination of (2,3,4).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello ads_bailey.

Sorry you have had to contact us regarding the issues with your connection. 

I have ran a quick check on the Hub from here and we have a slight issue with the downstream levels,

This would need an engineer to attend.

So I can get this booked in, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L