cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Constantly Dropping

Pik20d
Joining in

Sorry if this should be linked to other simular posts but here is my problem, I have a VM Hub 3.0 with a 200 connection.

1. WiFi constantly drops (every 20-30mins) and then come back up on its own after 2-3 mins

2. Occassional slow speeds with WiFi and cabled connections - random times of the day. I logged this fault 3 weeks ago and VM supplied and installed a new Hub 3.0 which was fine for a few days but has now returned to the fault described above. Internet has become almost unusable at some times of the day.

Up to December last year it was OK (ish) but since then...awfuI!!! I have rebooted the hub so many times that I have lost count including a pinhole reset (even though the router was brand new). I have turned everything off that was WiFi connected except the 2 VM Tivo boxes and it still does it. The router has a solid white light even when the WiFi drops (although I cant be absolutely sure in all cases).

I've checked the signal strength between all WiFi devices and the router and all report back as having excellent strength so I am fairly sure they are talking with the router but not getting an internet connection. As it is not limited to a specific device, it suggests to me it is either something to do with VM equipment or the service to house has a problem.

I called the call centre yesterday which was a shocking experience and got me nowhere other than a promise to check my connection from their end. Service checks state that I have no problem with a connection to the house?? When it works, the cabled connection achieves up to 250 download.

I am at a loss how to get help resolving this as VM make it impossible to speak to anyone who is remotely technical and I can't book an engineer.

Has anyone else suffered this problem and would appreciate knowing how you were able to get it resolved. My only other option is to leave VM and take my chances - how much worse could it be?

Any advice gratefully received.

3 REPLIES 3

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Pik20d,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums 👋

I am sorry you have been having some issues with WiFi dropouts 💻. I have checked our systems and can see all looks fine since your post. I can see there were a few dropouts between the 11th and the 13th but can see you rebooted your hub 3 days ago. Has this helped? 
Keep us posted.

Zoie

• Hi

Unfortunately it is still a nightmare. Dropping out up to 7-10 times a day making wireless virtually unusable when trying to work from home. I now have network cables running across the floor just so I can use the tivo box uninterrupted. This is so unacceptable. I have got a tech call with VM on Saturday but have reported this problem ages ago and still no guarantee it will get fixed. Have tried rebooting the router so many times with no luck. Clearly there is a bigger problem here.

Hi Pik20d, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I have checked the area and can see that there is a fault estimated to be resolved at 22:30PM today. 

Kind regards, Chris.