Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Wifi Connection constantly dropping

Just like many other users on this forum, my connection keeps dropping sporadically... 

I moved from Sky expecting that Virgin would be quicker and more reliable.... what a mistake! The connection may have been slightly slower but at least it wasn't dropping this much!

This is a HUGE problem as I'm working from home full time and need to do conference calls to connect with clients...  And not only that, when we try to watch Netflix / Amazon prime, the connection just goes down for a few seconds then we're able to connect again. 

I have several devices connected - amz alexa, laptops, smart tv, security cameras and robo vacuum cleaner.
When the connection drops, all connected devices disconnect, from what I can see;
The lights don't change - we still see a constant white light;
I don't have any ethernet connections and this is a hub 3 used for broadband only (200Mb)
The connections seem fine, I checked the wires and all seems well connected (an engineer came in and set it up for us!
I already tried to do a factory reset - didn't solve the problem.... 

Let me know if anyone has any ideas....

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi Connection constantly dropping

Try some wired connections and see if they also dropout. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi