Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Wifi Boosters and NOW TV

Hi

Up until a couple of weeks ago Now TV worked perfectly fine connected to my network via my wifi boosters but now I am unable to get a connection. I was so sure that it was not the connection as everything else (smart tv, phone) works absolutely fine connected via the boosters that I even purchased a new NOW TV (after going back and forth with NOW TV themselves!)

I am pretty positive it is the boosters because I can get a wireless connection without them, although I am unable to get a internet connection as signal is really poor in my room without the boosters.

If anyone has any suggestions that would great! 

Thank you! 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi Boosters and NOW TV

Some better boosters or a mesh system?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I’ve only had the boosters a few months and they are VM boosters. Like I said, they work absolutely fine with everything else. I have them to WFH also so I get a really good connection with my laptop, smart TV and phone. I am just unable to connect my NOW TV stick and after exhausting every other issue it could be, the booster has to be the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Is the booster broadcasting the same WiFi name as the hub?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I did have them as the same now but literally changed it about an hour ago, which helped me check if I can connect without the boosters (which I’ve just have although the signal strength is poor!) 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Same name sorry!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The boosters are powerline so they rely on a good ring main and ideally the 2 boosters being connected to the same ring.

Or it could just be the NowTV stick or box having poor WiFi capabilities in its hardware?

Have you tried factory resetting and re-paring the boosters?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

To be honest, that is the only thing I have not tried! Simply because I find it a bit of a nightmare when I’ve had to do it in the past. But I will try tomorrow and let you know.

I had the stick delivered today as NOW TV believed the issue was with my previous stick and credited me for it! When I got my new stick I had it connected for around 5 mins and then it dropped and won’t connect with the network, but will with my mobile wifi. 

I will reset my boosters tomorrow (fingers crossed it does not go all wrong for me like it has in the pass!) and pray that rectifies it!

Thank you for your help and advice! I’m not really that savvy when it comes to these things and I just want to watch Sky Crime!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The easiest way to reset the boosters is to use the pinhole button on the side.

Reset the bigger one first (the wireless one) then power it off, then reset the smaller one that’s connected to the hub.

Then power them on and go through the pairing process again. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gary,

Thank you for your help! I managed to reset and reconnect my boosters fine with your advice! 
Unfortunately it has not fixed my issue and I really am at loss of what to do now.

Thank you again! 

0 Kudos