Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Wifi Booster/Connect app problem

Hi there, 

I'm looking for a bit of help!  I received a VM wifi booster today.  It came with a leaflet with a qr code or a website address with instructions to set up.

I followed all the instruction and everything looked great.  I then went on to the connect app which has an exclamation point over the wifi booster.  It asks me to enter the password which is supposedly on the back of the large booster.  I have entered all the numbers in turn from the back of this booster and none work.  It also gives the option to scan the sticker, which for some reason also doesn't work.  The booster does not show up as a seperate device in my wifi list.

Basically I have no idea if it is working or not, or how to get it connected via the app.  The wifi in the bedrooms does not seem to be improved so it doesnt seem like its working?

Any suggestions or advice?

thanks, 

Fiona

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi Booster/Connect app problem

Dont set it up with the connect app - 9 times out of 10 it doesn’t work.

Use the paper instructions that should have come with the boosters.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos