Menu
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 11 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wife and kids doing my head in.

If you want a quiet life - do as legacy1 suggested on Saturday.

If it is just a wifi issue (are ethernet connections all ok?) then too address the wifi issues, VM now supply “wifi Pods” (not “boosters”).

Pods are free to “some customers” but most will be charged £5/month and right now they dont have enough supplies to provide them - unless you have a demonstrable wifi issue.

And at that level of investment you would soon pay off that cost by buying a "better" wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever and which will cure all your wifi problems.

Get either a…

(1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point (4) A combination of (2) & (3).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Iverlad
Joining in
Message 12 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I appreciate the replies. I will probably upgrade. Just curious as to why it tailed off after years of being ok.

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Community elder
Message 13 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Budget router trying to compete with other routers in the local area!

This last year - with homeworking etc, wifi has become a lot more congested than it ever has been!

People really need to to try and optimise it by agreeing channels that prevent overlap!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

juliepierce3
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks. As an ultimate oomph customer, I would get the pods included but they say they don’t have any in stock… however .. they can offer a Hub4 with 1gb speed for an installation charge if £35 and an increase from £79 per month to £111. Bunch of charlatans…. I will be switching back to BT ASAP who offer Wi-fi in every room !! 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
juliepierce3
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I am advised there are also Wi-fi problems with Hub4 so you might be best following up the advice previously given ! 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 16 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Just check out what speed BT offers on their “WiFi in every room” and what it costs.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
lotharmat
Community elder
Message 17 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@juliepierce3 wrote:

…. I will be switching back to BT ASAP who offer Wi-fi in every room !! 

For £10 extra a month... And if it doesn't work; you get the £10 back... They don't fix it - they just go "meh - no wifi for you - get your own kit (Like we're saying here)

Some guarantee.....

So feel free to see if BT works!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 18 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@lotharmat wrote:

@juliepierce3 wrote:

…. I will be switching back to BT ASAP who offer Wi-fi in every room !! 

For £10 extra a month... And if it doesn't work; you get the £10 back... They don't fix it - they just go "meh - no wifi for you - get your own kit (Like we're saying here)

Some guarantee.....

So feel free to see if BT works!

Been through it already. This poster keeps jumping into other peoples posts with the same comments. Best to ignore. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 19 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Iverlad thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear the impact the current connection issue is having on your home life.  I have had a remote look from here.  I cannot see anything that should be impacting your wired connection, but I can see that you could do with assistance with your WiFi connection.  I am going to send you a quick direct message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos