Menu
Topcat11
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

WiFi unstable

Hi all - am at my wits end. Our WiFi has been unstable for months. Have lost count of the reboots/resets/turning off and on we have done. It impacts work, general internet browsing and tv (Netflix, amazon etc). Have had to use my mobile phone as a hotspot on a pretty regular basis. 

I bought a booster which seemed to provide some relief for a while but the situation has recently deteriorated yet again. 

Whenever I have steeled myself to call customer services it’s a last resort as I have been reduced to tears by these calls going round and round in circles - as I am told there is no problem or to get a booster or to reboot or some such similar nonsense. Latest was today when I was told to download some app to scan my WiFi - which told me it was we apparently “great”! Believe me it isn’t. It may have been at that precise moment but not 2 minutes later was once again on and out of action. 

Seriously bored of this and bored of not being taken seriously and told the same thing over and over again. 

Advice please? 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi unstable

Put the hub into modem mode and attach your own better router or mesh system 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Topcat11
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

thank you - not sure how to do that but will have a hunt on google! so is this because you think the router is the problem? If so should I request a replacement?

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It's a problem in that the hubs are cheap and have inferior wifi antenna and chipsets.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos