Menu
EPAT
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

WiFi signal disappears

Have two different SSIDs for both frequencies. Once in a while, both SSIDs disappear from all the devices. At that time, WiFi light starts flashing.

What could be the problem? Any advice? It's becoming really annoying. Calling Customer Service meaning, you have to be on the phone for min. for 70mins and ask you to do the reset etc

0 Kudos
g0akc
Rising star
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi signal disappears

Hub bug or instability?

Try a scanning app to check for neighbouring hubs

Look at getting a different router

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Is it just the wifi lights that flashes - what happens on the Hub "power" light at the bottom (assuming its a Hub3)?

If you connect a computer/laptop by ethernet cable directly to the Hub - what happens to that at the same time as wifi drops?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
EPAT
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin replaced the router few couple of weeks back.

0 Kudos
EPAT
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Power light is static. Virgin phone works, I assume that it implies Ethernet is fine.

Any way to check WiFi logs on why it restarting? 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If ethernet connections remain fine then it cant be restarting - its more likely to be simply dropping wifi connections which wont show in the logs or on a BQM.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
EPAT
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Looks like Virgin Hub is unable to handle the load on WiFi. Have around 20 devices connected and during the office time & school times as everyone would using, frequently WiFi SSIDs are disappearing from the list. That is happening at the same time on all the devices. When I check the router at that time, I could see that WiFi light flashing and the power light is static.

Sunday night, I connected another WiFi router to the ethernet and offloaded some devices to the new router. From that day, things were good.

0 Kudos