Menu
Kevinmcg16
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

WiFi pods

I have recently joined VM and my wifi signal drops dramatically when I leave the room that the hub is in. 2 bed flat so not the biggest property, really shocked in as to the poor coverage compared to previous providers experience. I realise boosters are not a thing? However is the only solution to pay additional for pods for a service that doesn’t work correctly?!?! Any suggestions welcome

0 Kudos
sophist
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi pods

It's not the only solution, but all of the solutions will cost you ££.

The contracted service from VM is a wired service, they don't provide any contractual coverage for wireless so you'll hit a wall pretty fast if your issue is entirely wireless-based.

One option is the pods from VM.. the other option is to buy your own wireless kit and use that as the main router with the VM-provided hub in modem mode..

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Lets think about this your Wifi drops dramatically when you leave the room so why would pods in another room relay a bad signal to/from the hub...unless the hub outputs more power for a WDS SSID of the pods...makes you think.

Just go and get a nice wireless router with 1Gb ports and use the hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Kevinmcg16,

Thanks for your recent post and welcome to the forums! I'm really sorry for the poor WiFi issues you've been experiencing since joining.

I've taken a quick look into the account using your details that you've registered to forums with and currently your hub is flagged as having some prolonged signal issues and well as a few of your downstream channels being out of spec.

I'd like to get you a tech visit booked in as there is a potential fault here which will need a fix / replacement - hopefully this may help with improving the WiFi issues you're having.

I'll just send you a private message to confirm some details and we can go from there - just look out for the purple envelope at the top of the page.

Thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Kevinmcg16,

Thanks for coming back to me via pm. I've booked a slot for you which you can view via your online My VM Account.

You can also change the date/time there if needed.

Please keep us posted on how the visit goes and if you are experiencing any further issues.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos