0 Kudos
Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: WiFi pods

I think you need to install the VM connect app on your phone.  If this shows you need pods for wifi blackspots, then you order via the app,

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

...and then your order sits at the back of a months long queue

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @roland-rat

Thank you so much for your post and I'm so sorry to hear you are having issues ordering our new WiFi hubs. 

Can I ask if you have been able to download and use the Connect App as advised by @Adduxi at all? 

Thank you. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@Ashleigh_C Can you confirm (for our info) that VM Pods are now available for immediate dispatch to any customer that wants to order them - either for free or £5/mo?

And what is the process for odering them - given that the offshore CS reps seem not to know?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi @jbrennand - of course! 

So you can order the pods either via the connect app or by speaking to a member of our faults team. You would need to fit the criteria for either the charged or non charged pods first as well, if you are eligible then we are able to send them out.

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

OK its just that the link from the website for ordering pods says this as of 5' ago .......

We’ve been blown away by the amount of interest we’ve had in our super-smart Intelligent WiFi Plus service and all-new WiFi Pods. In fact, we’ve had to stop taking registrations for now. Sorry about that.

To make sure you don’t miss out next time, just opt in to our marketing here. You’ll get to hear all about Intelligent WiFi Plus, not to mention the rest of our awesome kit upgrades and offers, too.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
finnistmaster
Just joined
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I have followed this thread as am amazed that when the Virgin Connect tells me that I need some pods to get the signal in other rooms I am later told that they are not available.  IMO this sucks and such poor customer support is how, in my experience, companies lose their loyal customers.  Wake up VIRGIN and look after your paying guests!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@finnistmaster wrote:

I have followed this thread as am amazed that when the Virgin Connect tells me that I need some pods to get the signal in other rooms I am later told that they are not available.  IMO this sucks and such poor customer support is how, in my experience, companies lose their loyal customers.  Wake up VIRGIN and look after your paying guests!!!!!!!

Or get your own better Wifi equipment?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi @finnistmaster

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

If the app is advising then they're currently out of stock at the minute, my apologies for the inconvenience.

You will be made aware once these are back in stock.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

0 Kudos