0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: WiFi pods

What's the question exactly?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
conman33158
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Daznat1981 wrote:

Hey there

i need expand my WiFi range 

can anyone help? 

many Thanks 

Natalie 

Hi Natalie, if you’re getting good speed on a wired connection and suffer from poor wifi speed and range you would probably be better of investing in a decent third party router, that way you can put the Virgin Hub into modem mode and let the router deal with all the traffic. This would give you better wi-fi coverage. There are loads of options from Asus, TP Link etc and seeing as the VM Hubs are well known for their lack of wi-fi capabilities you would be better of using your own equipment. I know it's a case of having to spend money that you shouldn't have to, but it really is worth it and gives you a better all round stable internet experience. My advise would be to avoid cheap routers as they are very problematic and tend to be more hassle than they are worth, usually something around the £100+ mark or cheaper if you get a good deal on the likes of Amazon.

Another option is to get the wifi pods from Virgin to extend the range of your wifi but seeing as you pay for these monthly it might be better to invest the money on your own equipment, that way you always have it no matter what internet service provider you use in the future 🙂

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Daznat1981

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here. 

We can certainly look into this for you but just need you to expand on what you need help with. 

We would also just need to ask a couple questions first so we can look into this, but if you could just give us a brief description of what we can help with, that would be fab. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Daznat1981
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey there

our Signal is shocking outside & in the garage 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I doubt a pod will help.

Look at getting a proper mesh system instead.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos