Menu
Chelle451
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

WiFi pods

My WiFi boosters stopped working and eventually got through to virgin.  They’re supposed to be sending out WiFi pods for me but I haven’t received an email to confirm this.  When I phoned back to ask, they stated that the order was being processed, once it has been I will get an email.  Still nothing.  Does this mean they haven’t placed the order?  I really need these as have black spot in my kitchen and one of the bedrooms.  I work from home 2 days a week.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: WiFi pods

Pods are only free to “some customers” most will be charged £5/month and you have discovered they dont have enough supplies right now to provide them unless you have a demonstrable wifi issue and then it will be a wait

And at that level of investment you would soon pay off that cost by buying a "better" wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever and which will cure all your wifi woes and be delivered from Amazon tomorrow.

Get either a…
(1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point (4) A combination of (2) & (3).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
tripleh
Up to speed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Following on from this. If someone bought a separate mesh system could it use the same password as the hub3 so that everything integrates easily?

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@tripleh wrote:

Following on from this. If someone bought a separate mesh system could it use the same password as the hub3 so that everything integrates easily?

Yes.

Although best practice advises to change it as it will be a different system.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos