cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi pods vs hub 3

serks
Tuning in

I have one of  WiFi pods connected to the router via Ethernet the router in in the living room while the pod is in the garage. It provides great WiFi to the room above the garage. 
does the pods provide better wifi than the hub 3? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Isn't the idea of the Ethernet port on the pod to connect a device not too the hub? And even then would a wireless device that we guess is connected to the pod go over Ethernet and not over wifi.

VM might as well just given out AP's
---------------------------------------------------------------

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @serks 

Thank you for your post and welcome back to the community forums! 

I'm sorry for any confusion with your WiFi pods! 

To explain, your WiFi pods extend the signal from your router around the house, they are not a separate WiFi signal. 

You can view more information on this here

Thanks for the reply. 
I understand that. What I’m asking is the signal on pod stronger than Router? 

kind regards

serkan 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

does the pods provide better wifi than the hub 3?” It’s not a question that can really be answered as VM do not make information available. What you would need to know is the power of the radios in both as well as number of antennas and where they are placed in the units. All this also assumes the pod is connected by Ethernet to the hub, as I believe yours is.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@serks wrote:

I understand that. What I’m asking is the signal on pod stronger than Router? 

What I don't get is how can pods make thing better if the wireless is poor on the hub then connecting to the pod is just as bad to the hub

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What I don't get is how can pods make thing better if the wireless is poor on the hub then connecting to the pod is just as bad to the hub”
The OP has the pod connected to the hub with an Ethernet cable. They are asking a valid question, but not one that can be answered access to the technical details of the VM kit which will not ever be available.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Isn't the idea of the Ethernet port on the pod to connect a device not too the hub? And even then would a wireless device that we guess is connected to the pod go over Ethernet and not over wifi.

VM might as well just given out AP's

As Tudor mentioned. The question is due to the information not being available. The Ethernet connection from router to pod is the best way to go. The router wifi is very poor and connnecting pod to router via wifi will mean using the router wifi. 
The pods work quite well and the WiFi is good in more than just the room they  are placed in, unlike the router which only offers good wifi in the room it’s placed in.