Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

WiFi password

I connected a bet gear WiFi extender as even though have fastest broadband speed tv kept buffering, my WiFi doorbell and cctv camera take so long to connect it was ridiculous.

anyway all went well, connect the tv typed in network password great the signal was now 100% and not 66% before extender.

The problem I am having is when I switch tv on get a message saying your TiVo box is no longer connected to the internet. I then have to renter the password for the extender. Is there anything I can do to stop having to keep entering the password. It’s driving me nuts.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi password

It is dropping the net connection on wifi. Connect the V6 to the Hub by a good quality Cat6 ethernet cable. See if that sorts the issue.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply. There is a problem there my hub is upstairs (a big mistake on my part) and the V6 box is downstairs.  Irwin media want to charge me nearly £100 to move the hub downstairs.

Is there any other options apart from getting the Hub moved.

thank you so much for your help with this annoying problem.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You have 3 options for connecting the "distant" V6 to the Hub (remember - the V6 must also have the VM coax network connection for it to work).

1) Ethernet cable connect it to the Hub (best option) not really that difficult to conceal cable or even run it outside and in again - 20-50m runs of Cat6 are cheap.
2) Improve the wifi signal at the V6 location - lots of discussion and suggestions how to do that - on here - eg wireless access point(s)
3) Connect the V6 to the Hub by good quality powerline adapters and short Cat6 cables (assuming your electricity circuits connection is ok to support that)

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much for all your help.

will connect with Ethernet cable.

Thank you again

0 Kudos