cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi password incorrect?

Tilly15
Tuning in

Hi, self set up for broadband and TV today, TV fine but no WiFi. Keeps saying password incorrect, we have all tried multiple times. Rebooted and reset the hub to no avail, repeated  these actions with an advisor who has now  escalated to the network team and someone is meant to be updating me in 4 hours.

After leaving sky after 10 years this is not a great start. Anyone else had this issue and was it resolved?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi all, problem now resolved, new box sorted the issue 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

carl_pearce
Community elder

If you access the HUB from a wired device, using 192.168.0.1 in a web browser, and the settings password on the base (NOT the WiFi password), does it display the same password ('WiFi password (security key)') as you are trying to use to connect devices?

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try a 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;

Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

NOTE this will remove any custom settings you may have set in the Hub, and they will all have to be setup again.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Tilly15,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm incredibly sorry to hear that you've been having some trouble connecting to the Wi-Fi network. Has the advice offered in this thread by our community so far helped at all or do you need some further assistance?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi, thanks for your reply, I don’t use any wired devices sorry

I’ve tried this thanks, the advisor went through this with me over the phone.

No not found a resolution. I’m really angry that day one of joining Virgin I’ve got no internet. Got this mess is text “Hi there. We're sorry you're having connection issues. We'll keep an eye on your connection over the next 24 hours and update you along the way. This is good enough, will I be getting a refund for not providing me with the service I’m paying for? When you sign up for self start you are told that to f you have any problems an engineer will be booked at no charge, I asked for this and was told no?!

@Tilly15 wrote:

Hi, thanks for your reply, I don’t use any wired devices sorry

You have no wired devices you can plug in, even as a temporary measure (Laptop, games console)?

I don’t sorry

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A small point, you said that TV is ok, is this connected to the hub by Ethernet cable? You say WiFi does not work and the TV needs a broadband connection as well as the coax.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2