Menu
jamiem19901
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

WiFi not working, service status says fine

My WiFi stopped working on Thursday morning. We’ve been without WiFi ever since. The service status page has said the entire time that broadband in the area has no known issues (although it has said there is an issue with tv VOD which is also true). When we finally got through to someone on the phone they said there is a known issue with broadband and that we should only expect it to be fixed on Monday. The service status page still says everything is fine. I got in contact on Twitter and, absurdly, was told I need to post here to get someone to look into it again.

What is going on? Why is the WiFi down? When will it be fixed? Why does virgin media think it is acceptable to lie on the service status page?

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi not working, service status says fine

Hi jamiem19901, thanks for contacting us, we are sorry to hear that you are having issues with the connection. I have looked at the area and can see that there is a fault due to be resolved on the 9th. The reference number is - F008784994 ^ChrisF

C4 C

F008784994

0 Kudos
jamiem19901
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Seems odd:

The website still says no problem with broadband. It also says that there is a problem with tv but that it should be fixed on 8 February by 16:00. I’ve just got a text saying the issue should be resolved. And you’ve just said there is an issue with broadband but that it should be fixed on 9 February. 

Which is it? How do I know to believe what you say over the other things? What should I tell my work about my ability to work from home next week? What will you compensate me for - will it be for each day of work lost for each of me and my partner? 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
jamiem19901
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ok that phone number says it will be fixed by 9am, so yet another system with yet another answer. No two systems have given a same answer AND you’ve sent me a text to say it is fixed when it clearly isn’t.

When can I expect this to be fixed, and how do I know I can trust that answer? Why are all the systems giving me different answers? Why does Virgin Media think this is an acceptable way to treat paying customers?

0 Kudos
jamiem19901
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

And now the service page says you’ve acknowledged that there is a problem and that it’s not going to be fixed until 9 February at 9am. 

Can you clarify whether or not that has been updated because I have pursued it. If it has I would like to bill virgin media for the time spent reporting the problem.

How can I trust the current information given Virgin Media has clearly demonstrated its willingness to lie to customers by giving different information to customers in different places?

Why does Virgin Media think this is acceptable?

How can I lodge a formal complaint? The customer service agent we contacted on the phone refused to let us lodge one yesterday.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi jamiem19901, we have look directly into the fault number and showing as the 9th, although this is an estimated fix and may be fixed sooner, Can you confirm if you are still having issues with the service? Chris

0 Kudos