cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi not working intermittently whilst Ethernet working fine the whole time.

hppat
Joining in

The WiFi has been really dodgy for a few days now.  Phone and Laptop are connected to WiFi & there are a couple desktop PC's connected via Ethernet into a mesh pod. The WiFi will cut out completely whilst the Ethernet is still working absolutely fine at decent speeds (decent being around 250, which i'm still not very happy about anyway seeing as i'm wired directly in via Ethnernet and pay for Gig1 with Hub5). Half the time my phone is still connected to the WiFi with full bars but can't load a single web page or even run a speed test, other half of the time it can't even find the network. 

2 REPLIES 2

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Speed test the service to a Router mode Hub(3/4/5) + your device with the link below.
https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Once the test begins click on: Run full test to see all the stats.

The speed at the Hub should reflect your subscription.
The speed any WiFi device draws data at is limited by its data needs and technical abilities.

Disable BOTH Smart Wi-Fi / Intelligent Wi-Fi / Wireless Optimisation AND Wi-Fi Auto Channels in the VM Hub to reduce WI-Fi dropouts caused by the Hub performing random channel changes.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey hppat,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your WiFi connection at the moment, I have looked into this and can see that there are issues with your upstream power levels that would need the attention of a technician to resolve.  I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L