Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

WiFi not working but ethernet does

I've been experiencing an issue on and off for the last few days that is becoming increasingly frustrating. In short, none of the devices in my house can connect to my Hub 3 over WiFi. In fact, none of the devices in my house even show my Hub as an option to connect to.

I connect to the hub via ethernet cable with my work computer and the TV box, both of which are working as well as can be expected. 

The WiFi issue gets temporarily resolved when I reset the hub, however, doing this 3 or 4 times a day is beyond inconvenient. 

Does anyone have any tips? When my devices can see the hub, it tends to work fine.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi not working but ethernet does

have you done a 60 second pinhole reset?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi - I have reset using the pin hole on the back multiple times to attempt to resolve. 

I normally hold the button in until the light goes off and then I stop - should I try for longer?

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes do it for 60 seconds regardless of the lights

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have now done this. The WiFi is working again. Usually it will work for a few hours and then revert back to not working so I'll keep an eye and come back to this thread if I see another occurance.

Thanks for the tip!
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Okay, so after about 30 minutes, the WiFi is back to not working.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

At all?

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Correct - the WiFi has gone back down and all of the devices in my house cannot find it when searching for available WiFi
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

One option to consider is putting the Hub into modem mode and ditching its wifi and get your own good quality wifi equipment - it's what I and many others on here did years ago

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Will look into that options - is there a setup guide anywhere? I assume it has a level of complexity (it's really not my area of expertise.. 🙂 )

0 Kudos