cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi not connecting to Luxpower inverter dongle

bobchat21
Joining in

Hi, I'm a new customer, and on the installers advice I purchased a TP Link Deco P9 system to boost the signal round the house. Ive managed to get everything connected and working, apart from the dongle on my Luxpower inverter, which I use to monitor my solar panel and battery setup. The manufacturers instructions suggest any problems are likely to be with the routers security encryption, and that changing to (WPA2(AES)-PSK usually works. I've done this and still no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions please ?

4 REPLIES 4

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi bobchat21, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

We are unable to advise on 3rd party equipment, have you been able to contact TP link? 

Are you still having an issue? 

Chris. 

Why is the dongle not connecting ...

1. is dongle located where it does not have a good signal from the WiFi mesh ?

2. is there an error message being returned when attempting to connect ?

Bob20
Tuning in

Hi, we had a luxpower system installed last March. When the chap was commissioning it, he had to turn off the 5Ghz on our VM router. 

Later on VM seemed to turn 5ghz back on remotely. 

Yesterday however, the dongle on the inverter stopped  working , so I turned 5ghz off again and re paired the dongle. So far all is working again.

@Bob20 wrote:

Hi, we had a luxpower system installed last March. When the chap was commissioning it, he had to turn off the 5Ghz on our VM router. 

Later on VM seemed to turn 5ghz back on remotely. 

Yesterday however, the dongle on the inverter stopped  working , so I turned 5ghz off again and re paired the dongle. So far all is working again.

You should split your SSID (Network name) into two rather than disable 5Ghz, so you can still make use of the faster speeds on the 5Ghz band for compatible devices.