Menu
H8XGW
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

WiFi losing connection

I had virgin installed last week. I have the hub 3 router. At least once a day the WiFi drops and disconnects all devices. Lasts for about 30 seconds and then everything reconnects. 
when this happens a blue WiFi icon appears on the router. 

Does anyone else have this issue and if so how can it be resolved? 

Other than this I can’t fault the service that’s provided. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi losing connection

A blue wifi light?  What's the model number on the base of the hub?  It'll be something like VMDGxxx

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
H8XGW
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andrew 

It’s VMDG505 / TG2492LG-VM

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3..

Blue light? - I thought they had only green / red / white

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
H8XGW
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi super solver

may be a green light, all hell breaks loose in the house when the WiFi goes off. I’ll have a check tonight when it goes off. 

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Whilst you're looking, and ideally before any reboot, can you connect to the hub by clicking on this link http://192.168.0.1/  That should pull up the log in page for the hub.  But don't log in, just click on the link "Check router status"  That'll bring up a window with five tabs.  Open the Downstream tab.  Select all the text (Ctrl-A if using a keyboard), copy it (Ctrl-C), then paste it (Ctrl-V) into a reply here as TEXT not screenshots.  Post that, do the same for the Upstream and Network log.  You'll get an error message when you post the Network log, just click on "post" a second time.

Then we can check for any obvious problems with power, noise or error counts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @H8XGW

Welcome to our Community and Virgin Media family and thanks so much for your first post; I was sorry to understand that you're having some issues with your WiFi disconnecting currently - do you also see this over a direct wired connection? 

I have located your account from your forum information and have run a few basic checks from this end for you. We can see it's been around 3 days since your hub was rebooted so it doesn't look like the broadband is disconnecting fully. 

There are no known area issues at the time of writing and no errors showing. All signal levels are within the parameters we would expect for your package and equipment. 

We can see that you have a couple of devices that may be a bit too close to the Hub though and this could be wasting bandwidth for other devices in the home. If possible, try and either move them or connected them via Ethernet if you can. 

It may also be helpful to set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts.  It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of your connection. If you need any help with that please let us know.

(You can also check what the lights mean on your hub and run through diagnostics online here )

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If people would stop using the hub as a router things would work.

You can ask for a new hub but it be faster to use the hub in modem mode and get a wireless router with 1Gb ports.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos