Menu
Gorf
Super solver
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

WiFi loses speed at same time each day

Hi, all.

How would I go about troubleshooting an issue where my wifi is flakey between 5pm and 10pm every day. It's as if something is switched on at those times to really screw up both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz channels. Wired connections are unaffected.

It started at the beginning of second lockdown. I didn't bother troubleshooting it, I just assumed it was a capacity issue. Now I'm working from home, I plugged the PC directly into the Superhub2 because I needed reliability, and that's when I noticed it was only wifi connectivity that was struggling in the late afternoon/early evening. The TV is affected, and my wife's iPhone and the Ring doorbell. Two wifi devices are unaffected, but they connect to a wifi router that's wired to the superhub and configured as a switch.

I don't have VM TV or phone. Broadband only.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi loses speed at same time each day

they can't and won't.

Wifi is excluded from any garantees.

All you can do is get your won router or mesh with better wifi
0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Likely a problem with the hubs wifi so get another wireless router with 1Gb ports and use the hub in modem mode.
---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Gorf
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the answers.

It appears to be fixed now. I neglected to turn off wifi in the PC that was wired to the hub (they are about half a metre from each other). Turning off wifi on the PC dramatically* improved reliability. So much so that I've now trialling having the Hive receiver much further from the superhub too.

* Dramatically = It's been almost a week with no issues.

0 Kudos