Menu
Reply
Highlighted
  • 16
  • 2
  • 0
On our wavelength
125 Views
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

WiFi keeps going down

With out a doubt the worst ISP I've ever had. Constantly goes down slow ass speeds for premium price.

0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 11.36K
  • 888
  • 1.45K
Alessandro Volta
120 Views
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi keeps going down

Is it the Wi-Fi that is going down or the Broadband ?

Which Hub do you have ?

What is your contracted speed ?

 

What speeds do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.


My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020

0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 3.42K
  • 268
  • 464
Superfast
118 Views
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi keeps going down


@MikeRobbo wrote:

Is it the Wi-Fi that is going down or the Broadband ?

Which Hub do you have ?

What is your contracted speed ?

 

What speeds do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?


I wouldn't bother Mike, just venting:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Actually-bad-internet/m-p/4470727#M247721 

0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 11.36K
  • 888
  • 1.45K
Alessandro Volta
108 Views
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi keeps going down

Cheers Carl,

I will give the poster a 'good ignoring'.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.


My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020

0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 17.22K
  • 1.82K
  • 2.98K
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
97 Views
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi keeps going down


@itismetom wrote:

With out a doubt the worst ISP I've ever had. Constantly goes down slow ass speeds for premium price.


You didn't have "Freeview" back in the day, then?


--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 16
  • 2
  • 0
On our wavelength
90 Views
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: WiFi keeps going down

M100

Hub 3 

100

itismetom_0-1605979192608.png

 PING ms
34
 DOWNLOAD Mbps
20.35
 UPLOAD Mbps
7.80
0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 3.42K
  • 268
  • 464
Superfast
86 Views
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi keeps going down


@itismetom wrote:

M100

Hub 3 

100

itismetom_0-1605979192608.png

 PING ms
34
 DOWNLOAD Mbps
20.35
 UPLOAD Mbps
7.80

You've been asked by Mike in your original thread for the relevant information.

0 Kudos
Reply