Menu
mrixon2
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

WiFi keeps dropping

Hi

I have an old superhub 2 and for a while now the wifi keeps dropping. Sometimes on one wavelength, sometimes both. Occasionally it will come back on line, at other times a reboot is required. I have been able to use a wired connection so I think the broadband connection  itself is OK. I understand that it should be possible to upgrade the hub, but when I follow the links on the web site to order I end up with a blank screen at a certain point in the process. Would upgrading the hub solve my issue?

I can't get through on the support line at all.

Thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi keeps dropping

If the wired connections are all fine and stable and not dropping (are they?), then it sounds like the SH2 may be on its last legs. If you call then they will just send a Hub3 replacement. Try calling in again but 08.00 is the best time to get through with short wait times.

Another solution I have always employed is to just use my SH2 in modem only mode and use my own better quality wireless equipment. You could consider that - even when you get the Hub3 as well, if that doesnt solve wifi issues.

If you dont get the swap by tomorrow morning just post back here

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos