Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

WiFi keeps dropping signal repeatedly

Wiorking from home is becoming increasingly annoying as our Hub3 router keeps dropping the wifi signal and that happens frequently throughout the day, usually when in the middle of work.

I also noticed the router being quite warm...

The light at the bottom remains yellow even when the line drops?

Any suggestions? Thanks very much.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi keeps dropping signal repeatedly

Do wired connections also drop out?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Never used the wired connection as I don't have a wire long enough, nor does the laptop have a network cable connection.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Now did a complete pin-reset as well since the drop-outs became so bad that the WiFi signal became unworkable.

It cannot be right that so many other people in this forum seem to have the simliar issues with poor signal, drop-outs and downtimes and all that for the luxury of paying over £40 per month for the priviledge?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@germanguyuk wrote:

Never used the wired connection as I don't have a wire long enough, nor does the laptop have a network cable connection.

Long (20-50m) runs of Cat5e cable are cheap - less than a tenner.  You can also get a RJ45 ethernet adapter that will fit in any port you laptop happens to have - USB, microUSB, USBc, Lightning, Thunderbolt, Firewire, etc, etc --- again - all quite cheap and good to have in your bits drawer for testing purposes or "emergency" non wifi connecting.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

This a helpful answer to get this RJ45 ethernet adapter, which I didn't know about. But until I am able to get one, it still doesn't solve the issues of repeated WiFi signal losses.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Once you have established that wired is fine and its a wifi "only" problem that issue will be solved permanently by getting your own better quality wireless equipment.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well considering that I am paying over £40 per month, I do expect Virgin media to provide me with adequate equipment and a Wifi signal that works.

I am really not interested in spending more money to make this work.

In essence rules apply to internet service providers under the Consumer Rights Act: All goods and services must be of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose, delivered as described, and provided to a proper standard of workmanship. In other words, your broadband should work.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It is fit for purpose - it brings the xjnnevtikn into your property.

How you connect and optimise said connection to your internal devices is down to you 

But as already explained, WiFi speeds and connectivity aren’t guaranteed.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos