Menu
Dazza123
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

WiFi issues

Ok like most I assume I'm getting spotty WiFi, works great for my smart home stuff but constantly drops out while on my mobile, and all my family, was considering getting a mesh system, would this solve the issue and would it need to be put in modem mode, I tried once before and couldn't get it to work do sent it back, any advice please?

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi issues

Yes you need a mesh or better router and yes it will work 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Dazza123
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Would it need to be put in Modem mode??

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

For best results yes, but you can choose to leave the hub in router mode and just turn off it's wifi signals, so long as the mesh system or new router is configured in access point mode.  You could buy the full size (not mini) BT Whole Home disks, as they only ever operate in access point mode, but like-for-like the BT disks are more expensive than (say my choice of) a TP-LInk Deco M4 or S4.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos