Menu
shel1983
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

WiFi issues

Getting terrible WiFi issues in my house. Have a hub 3 and can only get decent WiFi in room where router is. Wife has to work from home and is having a nightmare! Done everything virgin recommended with no joy. How do I go about getting boosters from virgin? Service not worth the monthly tariff and that's with the price hike coming up! 

0 Kudos
Dazjosie63
Settling in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi issues

I was having problems with a new ring security camera so I ended up ringing virgin who sent out a wfi pod. You just plug it into a socket and it automatically picks up your router. Free if you're on the ultimate package otherwise £5 per month 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Don't pay £5/month for pods. Those monies are better used in getting your own better quality wireless equipment which will be your to own and use forever. On an 18 month contract that's £90 - you can get a good wireless router for that - or a good introductory mesh system

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HI Shel1983, 

I am very sorry that you've been having some issues with the services lately, this isn't good. 

I'd have a look into the bank end of things and everything is looking within spec on the hub, however this doesn't mean there isn't an issue. 

Can you confirm that the hub is in the up right position and in an open space? 

Can you also ensure that you don't have any devices that could be too close to the hub, this could take up extra bandwidth and cause issues for other devices. 

Have you also tried our Virgin Media connect app to check for any trouble areas within the house? If a booster is needed it would advise on the app. 

Let us know how you're getting on. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
shel1983
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have used the app and it does say that my WiFi is ok, apart from in one room where it was poor, however, we are still getting problems which is extremely frustrating. My wife has to have her laptop in the same room as the hub and we are forever having to turn off WiFi on our phones as they're having connection issues, which is very annoying when WiFi calling. The hub is in a corner of the living room next to our TV. This was where the engineer placed it when we had it installed as it's where the socket is, also, the cable supplied is not long enough to move it further out. I know that everyone is working from home and putting extra strain on the service, which is what I was told when I called earlier in the week, however, it surely should be better than what were getting. Regards

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Dont go down the booster/Pod route - source your own equipment to own forever. If you want advice on that come back on here

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos