Menu
Billydes
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

WiFi issues

I set up my Hub 3 manually rename both the 2.4ghz and 5ghz also change the passwords as i only use the 5ghz signal so i am the only person who has access to the hub so i stay on the channel i choose yet the channel keeps changing and then i am unable to change it back unless i do a factory reset ??????  this is a new issue only happening in the past few weeks.  Talking to Virgin Media is like banging one's head against a brick wall.

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi issues

When you say "channel keeps changing", do you mean the hub is reverting to default settings and losing your new SSID names and other choices, or that the hub is simply changing the channel of the wifi band, so 5GHz keeps your network name but switches from (example only) channel 90 to 110?

If the hub is reverting to defaults you'll need a replacement hub.  If it is changing channels then it could be:

1) Faulty VM firmware, of which there's history

2) That you've left enabled either auto channel selection, automatic optimisation, or "intelligent wifi" settings?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi issues

Hello @Billydes.

Welcome back to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry that you are having issues with your Hub settings.

I can see that @Andrew-G has given you very good solution ideas, please can you let me know if this has helped?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos