Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

WiFi issues with different devices

This is a new one to me. Look for help on trouble shooting.

My wife complained that her laptop wouldn't connect to the internet this morning, I've just tried to trouble shoot it for an hour. Thinking it specifically had a problem. Only for my son to come in and complain his tablet didn't have internet either. So the problem has arisen sometime between 10pm last night and 8pm this morning, and still continues.

It seems to be isolated to a Windows 7 laptop and an older Samsung tablet.

• I ran a network test on Virgin, no issues it seems
  • I've turned them both off and on.
  • I've turned the router off and on.
  • I've tried to connect them to the internet using my phone as a hotspot and they both work
  • All other devices (Apple laptop, Amazon Fire stick, Fire tablet) all connect without issue.

So has something changed over the last 24hours that might be stopping them connect. Protocol changes or anything at Virgin? Any suggestions on how I might work out the issue?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi issues with different devices

If you have a Hub3 it’s possible its firmware has been updated. The are reports on the board that the new intelligent (!) WiFi causes problems. Go into the hubs settings and see if you can turn it off. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi issues with different devices

Good thought. I am wondering if they changed the firmware again last night.

I am wondering if that may be the problem, but a further development. That is, did the firmware get updated again last night.

I say again, as I was involved in the Samsung S7 thread with the Hub3. Based on that, and at Virgin's request, I actually became a beta tester for the new Firmware a couple of months back and it solved all the problems. So this problem is new.

After I posted the original message here, I set-up a Guest Network and connected the old laptop and tablet to that. And, they are now accessing the internet no problem. The only issue is now they can't print as the printer is on the regular network -- it will save me a ton in ink cartridges, but at the expense of annoying my wife who likes to print everything.

0 Kudos