cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi issue

Chiv78
Joining in

Hi

Recently changed my broadband package over from m250 to volt m350. Due to poor WiFi signal. I'm using hub 3.0. Both my partner and I cannot connect to the WiFi now since changing over. We are using android honor x8 mobiles. Virgin telling me its our mobiles. I contacted honor they see no issue with mobiles. Virgin spilt the WiFi  2.4ghz and 5ghz. We can connect to 2.4ghz but not 5ghz. My kids using iphones, and all other devices are fine. They connect to 5ghz.

Had a virgin booster pod delivered yesterday and we can connect to that on 5ghz. Is the hub faulty? Could someone please tell me what's happening or is anyone else having the same problem? Or found a solution? 

26 REPLIES 26

Thanks for that. I have been looking at your hub and I can see that it is slightly off balance, which can cause issues with one side of the network that produces faster speeds and will need to do a reboot to rectify this, am i ok to reboot?

I can see you have merged the two networks, but you are still having issues with signal. You will need another pod. Has anyone fully explained the WiFi pods to you?

Chiv78
Joining in

Hi

Yes do a reboot please.  I did one on Sunday but nothing happened. Still have same issue with my mobile.

I can connect to WiFi booster but not the hub.

I do have another booster being sent to me. I was told an engineer  will be sent out to, to help with the problem.

I think I may need 3 WiFi pods all together. Had the same with my other broad band provider.

Regards

Gavin

Hi Sabrina

No difference. I still can not connect to hub

Regards 

Gavin 

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

ask for a new hub

---------------------------------------------------------------

I did but they said it's fine. I'm hoping the engineer will confirm that it's faulty and change it. 

Still no WiFi connection to our hub with our honor mobiles. Even though they worked for the 1st week. I have had to bring the WiFi booster from the hallway into the living, so my partner and I can connect to WiFi. We can only connect to WiFi through the booster.

We are waiting for another booster to arrive so that an engineer will come round and have a look at the problem. This is what virgin have told me!! Hopefully they will change the hub, I think this is the man problem. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us Chiv78,

I can see our team invited yourself into a PM.

Did you receive any further communication at all?
Let us know,

Kain

Hi, none that was any help. Really need an engineer here to look at the hub

Chiv78
Joining in

Hi

Still not able to connect to WiFi hub 3.0 Been waiting since 4pm yesterday for virgin technical support to ring me.

Please can I get this sorted or I am going to terminate contract. I have not had the service that I was promised. 

Hi Gavin.

Apologies I have been out of office, I can see that you have reached out to our team and they are sending you out another pod. I can see devices connected to your WiFi so we know that the WiFi is not the issue, but there is something that the Honor phones potentially do not like. They have been connected since we last spoke but not currently online from what I can see, we have logs of when they were last online.