Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

WiFi issue with Superhub 3.0

FAO of Virgin support, I have exactly the same issues (I even live in a bungalow!) as the following post which was copied and pasted from another community member.

I don't want to speak to the phone helpline as they are often incomprehensible, is there some other way of receiving assistance, please?

Many thanks, Alex

Hi,

Having issues with Wifi on my Superhub3.

Devices are connected to 2.4 and/or 5Ghz (which are split up) but have terrible throughput.

When running the network test from the hub, ALL devices show as low signal strength. I tried it from my laptop which is 3M from the hub and is the same.

This is a NEW issue, as of a few days ago.

If I connect the same laptop to the hub via a cable, all is fine.

The device **:**:**:**:**:** has low signal strength, please move it closer to Hub 3.0.
The device **:**:**:**:**:** has low signal strength, please move it closer to Hub 3.0.
Please place your WiFi device near the Hub 3.0.

The hub hasn't moved from its normal location

I live in a bungalow so no device is more than 8 meters away and all on the same floor.

It doesn't matter how close the device is, it says to move close to the hub.

I think the hub or firmware is broken.

Please can I have a new hub? To confirm, I get full UL/DL speeds when wired connected.

Thanks

Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi issue with Superhub 3.0

Can you post your own description of events rather than someone else’s?

Its very rare that everyone’s issues are exactly the same. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your quick reply.

I get what you're saying, but it would be redundant as all I would be doing it just rearranging the sentences syntax.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Are wired connections also dropping out?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

And per the post this is from, are you also a CCNP engineer running Cisco WAP devices with multiple VLAN’s?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Stop trying to be clever Derek, I thought it was clear enough in my original post, I was requesting Virgin support from someone officially representing VM rather than self-appointed community gatekeeper.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

This is a Community Forum, not a shortcut to VM assistance.

You can either phone in, or wait on here for a few days (6 to 7 days average) until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@alex_f wrote:
Stop trying to be clever Derek, I thought it was clear enough in my original post, I was requesting Virgin support from someone officially representing VM rather than self-appointed community gatekeeper.

It’s a community forum. It’s in the name. It’s not a hotline to get through to someone at VM. That’s what the phone is for. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Oh jog on you pair, you're persona non grata. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@MikeRobbo wrote:

This is a Community Forum, not a shortcut to VM assistance.

You can either phone in, or wait on here for a few days (6 to 7 days average) until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos