Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

WiFi going off

Hi

weve got the newest hub and had it a while, the WiFi is going off and on daily, I use an iPad and am sat next to the hub. We’ve had engineers out and WiFi boosters and it’s still the same, we were told we’d get a new hub but then they decided we didn’t need one. I am on the largest package for tv broadband phone, I am fed up not being able to go online on my iPad or if I can get online it will go off and on all day and night, I’m ready to throw the hub out the window. They say when you ring wifi isn’t guaranteed.... but when your sat next to the blooming router and can’t get WiFi it’s taking the ..... ☹️

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi going off

Is it just the iPad with the connection problems? If not what orther devices are affected? And, do you have any connected on ethernet cable - are those dropping out at the same time ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Only doing it on my iPad, sons Samsung phones, my iPhone, Ethernet lead to pc and PlayStation are ok, all devices are in the same room as the router thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So just an iPad issue. What model is it and is it on the latest iOS version (12.3.1)? In Settings ->WiFi what network is it showing as connected to? If yours is it set to auto join - if not set it to do that (click on the "blue "i" icon on the right to see it). Also check the other (neighbours') networks in the list too and "disable" Autojoin if its on for them

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It’s a 5th generation iPad and it’s on 12.3.1, it was on our network and on auto-join and autojoin isn’t on for any other networks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Mmmm. Have you clicked "Renew Lease" blue link ?
Might also be worth clicking "forget this network" and then powering the iPad off and back on and then going in and reconnecting to your network with the password.

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Will try those thank you
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ok I’ve done that will let you know how it goes. Thanks so much for your help and time 😬
0 Kudos