cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi failure after rebooting hub.

iadom
Dialled in

I had to install the new type phone adaptor into my hub yesterday then reboot the hub.
All appeared to have gone well, my desktop via Ethernet was fine. Two different tablets and two smartphones reconnected to the wifi network perfectly.

today I have just tried to use our Win 10 laptop and get 'Unidentified network, no internet access' on the taskbar.

Running the troubleshooter for network status throws up the problem as 'WiFi doesn't have a valid IP configuration'.

I have tried a few simple things like rebooting hub and PC, ipconfig/flushdns and reset network adaptors without any joy. 

Any suggestions welcome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the update iadom.

Please keep us posted with your progress and if you do find a resolution. This will help any other community members that are experiencing similar issues and would be a great help.

Kind regards Jodi. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

worth a check for any known issues first....

Try in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage (https://www.virginmedia.com/help/service-status)

2) Then also Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Client62
Hero

Is there any chance the VM Connect app has been used to Pause the Wi-Fi of the Win 10 laptop ?

As already mentioned, the wifi is working perfectly on two tablets and two mobiles

That App is not installed on the laptop.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi iadom, 

Thank you for posting to us here on the community. 

We are very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the internet on your laptop. 

Can you please access the Connect app via a device that does have it installed and check if the laptops connection is still running or is paused? 

Thanks, 

Nat

I tried to run the Connect App on my iPad but it stalled. My laptop is showing 'unidentified network no internet access'. I have gone through several tests already, and I am working my way through. I am fairly sure that the laptops connection is still running. I am going to try to update the wifi drivers later.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply and for letting us know. 

Please do keep us updated on how this goes. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi again, managed to get the Connect App working and it shows no connection to the laptop. Have removed and reinstalled Wifi adaptor and updated the drivers to no avail.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your update. 

I am sorry to hear this has not helped. 

Are you able to connect an Ethernet cable to test if this works?

Thanks, 

Nat