cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi dropping out

Unicornnicki
Joining in

We're new to virgin and ever since we've switched the network keeps dropping our devices. TV seems fine but when we get home it takes a while for phones etc to get internet even though it's acknowledged the connection just says no internet. Same with our computers once they've been off they sometimes need restarting. We're only in a 2 bed flat so it shouldn't be hard! Has anyone else had similar issues? Really starting to regret signing up! 

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Firstly... Can we check… are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

What Hub model is it? What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens if a Hub3 is the base light a steady white(ish) or flashing green?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good evening @Unicornnicki 

Thanks for posting, welcome to both the community and indeed Virgin Media 🙂

Sorry to hear of any issues with the internet. Is this only via WiFi as jbrennand said or are devices connected via Ethernet have the same issue?

Some of the downstream power levels are on their way to being out of spec. I'll send you a PM now to arrange a tech visit.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John, 

This is only via WiFi. We only joined and got our equipment last month so it shouldn't be too old just yet!

Thanks

Nicki

Hi @Unicornnicki 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us and for the update. We would like to assist you with your speed issues, we would need to bring you in for a private message to discuss this and resolve. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina