Menu
CMS72
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

WiFi dropping out

Engineer visited 2 weeks ago. Split banding out. One has disappeared completely and the other keeps dropping out. Virgin tests keep saying no problem but can't connect to Internet. I am using data to run all of the tests due to no WIFI. We have fibre to the property with alleged speeds of 50mbps and this is the worst service I have ever experienced with broadband. 

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi dropping out

@CMS72 wrote:

Engineer visited 2 weeks ago. Split banding out. One has disappeared completely and the other keeps dropping out. Virgin tests keep saying no problem but can't connect to Internet. I am using data to run all of the tests due to no WIFI. We have fibre to the property with alleged speeds of 50mbps and this is the worst service I have ever experienced with broadband. 

do you have an unknown network broadcasting as "1"?

There's a bug in the hub that can result in the SSID randomly changing to 1. If so - log into the hub and change it back to what it should be.. (somewhere in advanced settings). 

0 Kudos
CMS72
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

There is no unknown network broadcasting as 1 but I will have a look on advanced settings to see if I can reset. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@CMS72 wrote:

There is no unknown network broadcasting as 1 but I will have a look on advanced settings to see if I can reset. Thank you. 

well if poking around the advanced settings doesn't bear any fruit, the general advice around here is to do a full 60-second pinhole reset.. (that is, when the hub is switched on and booted, press and hold the reset button with a paperclip or something for a timed 60 seconds before you release it - don't power off the hub, just let it do its thing and settle down).

This will, of course, result in the changes that the engineer made last week being wiped - but you can re-implement them yourself.

Just make sure that before you do this, that you check that there's a sticker on the bottom of the hub with the default password printed on it.. 🙂

If that still doesn't work - the next piece of advice is gonna be to buy your own wifi gear.. but that comes a bit further down the road.. 🙂

0 Kudos